Saturday, September 19, 2009

Aina's 90th Birthday


My Great-Grandma, Aina, turned 90-years-old in September, which meant yet another visit to one of my Dad's- and by default my- favorite cities, Toronto.

It was my fourth time there and the best yet, as the entire family was along and we stayed in the historic Royal York. The place was huge, had a great little kids pool with a fountain, and a toy store in the basement. Plus, on the day we left they were filming a TV show, complete with gun shots. Awesome.
Some things were the same though. We flew Porter, visited Centreville- where luckily the workers were no longer on strike, so all the rides were running- and as usual the CN Tower seemed to follow me everywhere.
We ended the wekend with Aina's party. It was a beautiful sunny day that really complemented the smile on Aina's face, when her friends and family sang her Happy Birthday.

No comments: