Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin And Money Farm


Occasionally, Dad and his friend Michael make plans for me and Michael's son Alister to get together. Last month we went to Haunted Trails for some go-karting and mini-golf and- in anticipation of Halloween- this month we went to Bengstons Pumpkin Farm.

Bengstons is kind of a hike from Chicago and there's not a whole lot around it, so Dad thought we might be one of the few there. That was until we reached the top of a small hill and saw a sea of automobiles. Casey, Dad and I were one of thousands, who all paid a healthy admission fee, plus the cost of whatever pumpkins you carried out.
Once inside, we eventually met up with Michael, Alister and his sister Audrey and then all explored the well organized and clean "farm." I loved the Haunted Barn, and the rides with Ali and Audrey were fun too. Dad enjoyed some kettle corn and loved the people watching, when he wasn't keeping an eye on me.
I said I wanted to come back as soon as we left and, little did I know at the time, I would be returning a couple weeks later on a field trip.

No comments: