Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Tale Of Two Days


For the last two days of January, Dad and I escaped to Key Lime Cove in Gurnee. I had been there before with Mom for my fourth birthday, but this time around, the juxtaposition of the indoor water park environment and the outdoor winter wonderland- plus the complete lack of people- made for a surreal experience. See that photo above? It's not a stock image, that's how few people were there. And that meant no lines for ANYTHING. Non-stop sliding and splashing.

Our Midwestern-tropical-getaway came to an end and we returned to Chicago just in time to experience the third biggest snow in the cities history. The Blizzard of 2011, left our front yard with six foot snow drifts, which I loved climbing on while Dad took part in one of many shoveling sessions. Blizzard bonus, for just one day, I was able to play in the middle of the street.

No comments: