Saturday, May 7, 2011

Play Ball!


Last Saturday was a dream come true... for my Dad, but was also a lot of fun for me, when I took part in my very first tee ball game as a member of The Pirates. Dad was the assistant coach and I went 2-for-2 (everyone did!) plus I managed to field a ball before the inevitable mele of three-to-six-year-olds piled on me. The game ended in, I think, a 28 to 28 tie.
The best part of my tee ball experience was the filed. Located in Humboldt Park, it is in a miniature baseball stadium complete with grandstand, score borad and an announcer, who luckily only said out first names, thus avoiding the Rucins butchering.
Mom, John, Casey and some other friends all came down to see me play and afterwards I went to brunch at Feed with some of them. I ate pancakes and got the Golden Egg from the chicken machine. That means I get $6 off my meal next time I visit. Highlight of my morning.

No comments: