Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pitchfork Music Festival - Take 5


Mid-July means the annual Pitchfork Music Festival and this year's was the fifth I've attended or so I'm told. I can't recall, although I have seen pictures of past ones I've been to. This year, thanks to my friend Megan, I was on the VIP list and got my own wristband and laminant.
After I said hello to a few people, my first stop was the Ice Cream Man for some free ice cream, which I ate on Dad's shoulders while watching The Dismemberment Plan. Then we headed to see Twin Shadow, where I scored some nice balloons. We ended the night hanging out backstage listening to the music in the distance and playing with friends. Before heading home, I ate a hot dog and even more ice cream, then checked out some random spotlights on the way to the car.
Next up Lollapalooza.

No comments: