Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The End Of (Summer) Days


It had to come to an end eventually and that day was Wednesday, August 17, when my summer vacation officially ran it's course. However, thanks to the downtime between Summer Camp and kindergarten, I had a great last three days of summer. I spent one whole day with Gigi & Papa, Casey and my Dad on the very last day.
We started the day by visiting Dr. Z and receiving good news that I only had to wear my patch two hours per day. Post eye Dr., we went back home, hopped in the car and headed to Novelty Golf & Games (ne' The Bunny Hutch) for a round of mini-golf. I love me some mini-golf and when I am reminded that I am not a lefty and I concentrate for at least a second, then I am a pretty good shot. Dad had a tough time because he was distracted by the fact the place was stuck in time. Although, he was not distracted enough to not win the round.
After mini-golf, we headed to "Aunt" Silvija & "Uncle" John's for a famous quesadilla and a trip to the super awesome Lincolnwood pool. I splashed around in the kiddie pool before Dad persuaded me to try out the water slide. I had previously been skeptical about the slide because you have to be able to get to the edge of the pool after you hit the water, but Dad assured me I was tall enough to walk myself over and he waited in the wings the first couple times. After that though, I was hooked and didn't need any help at all. Twenty plus times down both slides later, it was time to head back home. Not surprisingly, I fell asleep, and Dad probably wished he could have slept through the next two days, to let his now water slide sore body heal.

No comments: