Monday, August 1, 2011

Pure Haven


Papa gathered the family for another trip to South Haven, Michigan, where we once again stayed in the big house with the big pool to match. Everyone enjoyed the usual sunsets and ice cream, corn and hamburgers, and beach and dunes. However, this year also brought some new things, at least for me. For example, I played the card game War with Gigi and my cousins, we took a day trip to Saugatuck, Dad took me and the girls to minigolf and we all enjoyed a huge thunderstorm that very briefly cut the power to the house. The storm ushered in the best part of the trip, when we went to Lake Michigan on our last day and I battled almost five foot waves. Luckily I had my life vest on and Dad played a human backstop, which prevented me from falling under the water. Can't wait for next year's trip.

No comments: