Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallows' Eve


Halloween fell on a Monday this year, which meant an entire weekend's worth of fun. It started on Saturday, when my Mom unveiled my awesome costume, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. I showed off at a neighborhood party that afternoon and on Sunday I made an appearance at Brookfield Zoo's Boo! At The Zoo, where I got cheated out of best costume due to a judge's ignorance of the "No store bought costumes eligible for a prize" rule. Finally, on Halloween, I went to school in costume, then met up with Ethan for some trick-or-treating in my neighborhood. Much to my Dad's surprise, most of the homes and apartments had candy and one block even had a street party complete with cider for the adults. When we got home we ordered some pizza, then Ethan and I combined all of our candy and split it evenly with each other. Our parents were shocked.

No comments: