Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh, Mama Mia


One night, while returning from a visit to Gigi and Papa's, Casey and Dad stopped the radio on a station playing an epic song that started quietly, then slowly built to a fantastic rock explosion. Casey and Dad seemed to know all the words and even did some head banging. I asked what the song was and my dad explained it was called "Bohemian Rhapsody" by a band called Queen. By the next week Dad added it, and a couple other Queen songs, to my playlist and made sure I saw the origins of the singing and head banging by showing me the famous scene from Wayne's World. We also watched The Muppets' take on the classic. After a couple months of almost daily listening and eventual performance, I really nailed it on the way to Madison's birthday party.

No comments: