Monday, January 30, 2012

A Tradition I Can Get Behind


For the second straight year, Dad's birthday gift to himself was a trip to Key Lime Cove, which he seems to enjoy quite a bit, but that I enjoy even more. Luckily for both of us, for the past two years, my school has been closed the Monday following my Dad's January 27th birthday, which means we get to go to the indoor water park from Sunday into Monday. This time the hotel was only at 10% capacity, so we really never had to wait in line for much of anything. Slides, games, food and drink, were all right there for us. An added bonus this year was Casey coming along. She even tried to match my and dad's enthusiasm for brightly colored hotel rooms and hurling ourselves down giant plastic slides with the aid of moving water. I think one more trip next year and she'll be fully converted.




No comments: